This holiday season check out our travel bucket list so you finish the year in the perfect place with the perfect company!
All You Need To Know About The New Way Of Traveling
Planning a vacation for this year? Check out all the initiatives our member hotels are taking against COVID-19 to have the perfect getaway.
The traveling industry has been one of the most affected by COVID 19, the way of traveling has completely changed and there is no going back. From hand sanitizers in hotel lobbies to cabin crew in masks, localized lockdowns to contact tracing apps, COVID-19 has transformed the world of travel. We are currently living in times of uncertainty where we don’t feel completely safe but at the same time, we are longing to return to normal life. I think we all can agree that we need a break from everything that is happening around us. People want to forget their worries and that is why the tourism sector is slowly reactivating again.
According to the United Nations’ World Tourism Organisation, 100% of global destinations had implemented travel restrictions at the peak of the pandemic. UNWTO Secretary-General Zurab Pololikashvili said: “Tourism has shown its commitment to putting people first. Our sector can also lead the way in driving recovery. This research on global travel restrictions will help support the timely and responsible implementation of exit strategies, allowing destinations to ease or lift travel restrictions when it is safe to do so. This way, the social and economic benefits that tourism offers can return, providing a path to sustainable recovery for both individuals and whole countries.”
At Eco Hotels & Resorts we care about our travelers and we understand the uncertainty there is when it comes to traveling. Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our guests. We want you to enjoy a peaceful and comfortable vacation where you can leave your worries behind. That is why we will provide you with a complete guide of what our member hotels are doing and the measures they are taking in order for you to feel safe when going to one of our destinations.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all areas, surfaces, and other elements exposed to the movement of people.
- Frequent ventilation of enclosed spaces.
- Monitoring the health of the hotel’s staff and guests through regular temperature checks.
- Masks are required for all guests in closed and public areas.
- Staff members are required to wear masks at all moments.
- Disinfection points with hand sanitizer in all areas of the hotels.
- Housekeeping will disinfect all luggage before carrying suitcases and bags to your room.
- Laundry, bedding, and linens washed at sufficiently high temperatures to ensure sterilization.
- Increased use of anti-viral disinfection measures in place across all spa and wellness facilities.
- Fully vaccinated staff and constantly tested on-site.
- Limited capacity in restaurants, bars, excursions, etc.
- On-site testing for guests (payment restrictions may vary depending on the hotels).
Before traveling make sure to check the country's regulations you’re traveling to in this guide. If you want more specific details about COVID-19 protocols Eco Hotels & Resorts is happy to help you if you have any concerns or questions.
So what are you waiting for? Pick a destination, pack your bags and enjoy what the world has to offer while doing it in a responsible way!