Countries around the world are slowly relaxing their lockdowns and easing into a new normal where people are looking for new experiences and...
Tips For Packing Everything On A Carry-on
An easy guide for easy packing, following 5 basic packing hacks to make your life easier and eco-friendlier!
Before you start to pack, it’s essential that you have a list of items you’re going to be bringing on your trip. Write it all down, from how many pairs of undergarments you will need to the number of outfits you’ll bring. Making it easier to fit everything and adding some must-haves eco-friendly tips and products.
We want the packing process to be an easy one, that’s why we curated what we think are helpful tips to guide you. Read on before you head out for the holidays so you can fit all your essentials nicely in your carry-on suitcase.
First, check the weather
Download a weather app like Dark Sky that lets you look ~into the future~ to see what the weather will be like in the city you're visiting. Will you need a light jacket? Just your swimwear? Now you'll know.
Use packing cubes
Packing cubes will allow you to become organized when packing. You can pack each cube in categories, e.g. socks, tops, undergarments, etc.
Use different packing techniques
- Roll your clothing. This helps consolidate space so you can fit more in your suitcase.
- If rolling isn't your thing, try folding your clothing together (two T-shirts on top of each other folded into one)
- Try the filling method. Stack each item vertically from front to back. This way you will easily be able to see the clothing pieces you want upon your arrival.
Pack all your outfits together
- By packing your outfits together, you’ll save a headache and make repacking on your way back a lot easier. For example, in one packing cube, roll or fold a shirt, sweater, underwear, etc. While in another cube you can put your dress, tights, and underwear. Since you’ve already planned all your outfits, it will be easier to fit everything.
- Take a picture of all your outfits before you pack them. When you’re at your destination, you can quickly reference them and cut down on getting-ready time.
- Reduce waste by avoiding buying travel-size toiletries that can only be used once. All our member hotels are fully equipped with the best eco-friendly amenities anyone could ask for, so there’s no need to worry about that.
- Always carry on an organic sunscreen - protect your skin while protecting the environment, look for a plastic-free and chemical-free brand. Seriously, sunscreen pollution is a real problem!
- Also, take with you a zero-waste natural deodorant, regular drugstore deodorants include ingredients that might be harmful to our bodies and the environment.
- Pack your eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush - eliminate plastic waste
- And last but not least, if you’re the adventurous type and you’re going to need constant hydration while exploring around, take a reusable water bottle/flask. If you find a stainless steel bottle even better, keeps your water cold and refreshing!
Now that you’re a packing expert get ready to travel! Book your dream eco-friendly and luxurious vacation https://ecohotelsandresorts.com/